Murex Welding Products has finalised the dates for its City & Guilds Accredited Gas Equipment Inspectors training courses in 2011. Certification and Recertification Courses are designed for safety officers, maintenance staff, supervisors, technical college and school staff, as well as anyone else responsible for the safety aspects of oxy-fuel gas systems.
The two-day Certification Courses are conducted at the company's Waltham Cross headquarters. They qualify individuals to conduct full safety checks on oxy-fuel gas welding systems. The first part of the course covers theoretical instruction on oxy-fuel gas safety, the properties of gases, and safe use and operation of systems. The second day is entirely devoted to practical training, and hands-on sessions teach the candidates how to test fully an oxy-fuel gas station and pass it off for safe use.
Certification Course dates for 2011 are:
- Wednesday 16 / Thursday 17 February
- Wednesday 23 / Thursday 24 March
- Wednesday 25 / Thursday 26 May
- Wednesday 15 / Thursday 16 June
- Wednesday 21 / Thursday 22 September
- Wednesday 16 / Thursday 17 November
The cost is £490 + VAT and includes accommodation.
Recertification Courses take place in 2011 throughout the UK and in Ireland for the first time:
- Wednesday 23 February - Waltham Cross
- Wednesday 16 March - Manchester
- Wednesday 6 April - Newcastle
- Thursday 12 May - Birmingham
- Wednesday 8 June - Waltham Cross
- Wednesday 7 September - Bristol
- Wednesday 5 October - Waltham Cross
- Wednesday 2 November - Dublin, Ireland
- Wednesday 23 November - Birmingham
- Wednesday 7 December - Glasgow
The cost is £225 + VAT.
Places for all City & Guilds Accredited Gas Equipment Inspectors training courses can be booked by telephoning +44 (0)1992 659310 or emailing .