National Instruments is announcing NI LabVIEW software- and NI hardware-compatible mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices, thereby helping engineers to integrate mobile technology into their applications. By combining the portability, ease of use, faster start-up time and longer battery longevity of mobile devices with the power of LabVIEW, engineers can more productively access measurement data from data acquisition and embedded monitoring systems.
Engineers can use Data Dashboard for LabVIEW and Data Dashboard Mobile for LabVIEW apps to visualise measurement data using smartphone and tablet devices. The NI cDAQ-9191 Data Display app offers direct connectivity to wireless NI CompactDAQ hardware for portable measurements. New iOS and Android mobile apps seamlessly connect with NI LabVIEW software and NI hardware to accelerate productivity of engineers and scientists with data visualisation needs.
Ray Almgren, NI Vice President of Product Marketing Core Platforms, says: "Smartphones and tablets are game-changers for the test and measurement industry. These new apps combine the portability of mobile devices with the power of LabVIEW, helping engineers increase their productivity and meet the latest application challenges."
Data Dashboard for LabVIEW, Data Dashboard Mobile for LabVIEW
- Remotely view PC or embedded measurements from LabVIEW on iPad, iPhone and Android mobile devices using a combination of charts, gauges, text indicators and LEDs
- Visualise distributed measurements from LabVIEW programmable devices, such as NI CompactRIO
- Connect to networked-published shared variables or Web service data without Web or app programming
NI cDAQ-9191 Data Display
- Directly connect wireless NI CompactDAQ hardware to iOS and Android devices using new technology featured on NI Labs
- Configure, visualise and save measurements without a PC or tethered display
- Programme custom apps that connect to wireless NI CompactDAQ devices with the cDAQ-9191 Web API
Reference and Utility Apps
NI is also releasing several apps for learning basic LabVIEW concepts, displaying DAQ device pinouts, learning common electric circuits and managing support requests. Readers can visit www.ni.com/mobile to learn more about the new NI LabVIEW software- and NI hardware-compatible mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.