Visitors to the Schaeffler UK stand (D40) at the Engineering Design Show (22-23 October, 2014, Jaguar Exhibition Hall, Ricoh Arena, Coventry) will have the opportunity to view and interact with a variety of online bearing software programs, Apps and e-learning tools currently available from Schaeffler. With a focus on the added-value engineering design services offered by Schaeffler to support its comprehensive range of automotive, rotary and linear bearings and precision components, the stand will showcase the following products:
- Bearinx: Schaeffler’s online software program for optimising bearing designs. The software enables the calculation and detailed analysis of rolling bearings in shaft systems and linear guidance systems. Calculations are performed in an integrated calculation model on all levels from complete systems down to individual rolling elements.
- Medias: a product selection tool and technical information hub that allows users to access product data and download CAD drawings from Schaeffler’s range of rolling, plain and linear bearings. As well as searching by part numbers, the system also includes a Selection Wizard that allows users to set design characteristics, sizes and load ratings to view relevant products for specific applications.
- Medias Campus: Schaeffler’s free online e-learning platform that includes training courses on rolling, plain and linear bearings.
- Schaeffler Mounting Toolbox: a microsite that contains everything engineers need to know about mounting and dismounting of bearings, as well as alignment and lubrication.
- Technical Pocket Guide App: visitors to the stand can use a tablet device to access Schaeffler’s new Technical Pocket Guide App, a useful technical reference book and educational tool for mechanical engineers, technicians, apprentices and students across numerous technical and scientific disciplines. Subjects covered include mechanics, acoustics, hydraulics and pneumatics, mechatronics, tolerances and fits, design materials and components.
- Publication Library: by using a simple search function and downloading a pdf, visitors can access a wealth of information from Schaeffler technical publications and product catalogues.
Schaeffler will also host a workshop on 22nd October (11.15-11.55am, Theatre One). Greg Jones, Applications Engineer at Schaeffler UK, will host the workshop on ‘Fast and accurate bearing design calculation using powerful software packages’. Attendees will gain an understanding of how access to sophisticated yet user-friendly online calculation software can offer a fast, easy method of performing complex bearing design calculations in a fraction of the time it would normally take. Supported by additional product selection tools and technical handbooks, Greg will demonstrate how design engineers can cut development times, improve calculation accuracy while retaining good product visualisation from PC-based software packages. Real case study scenarios will be provided to clearly illustrate the benefits to users.
For more information about added-value engineering design services or to book an appointment on Schaeffler’s stand at the Engineering Design Show, please email or go to www.schaeffler.co.uk.