A new technology from Hepcomotion has effectively changed the face of curvi-linear track design possibilities and this has been recognised by the 2014 British Engineering Excellence Awards. The 1-Trak linear product from HepcoMotion has been shortlisted in the Mechanical Product of the Year category.
Now in their sixth year, the BEEAs are designed to celebrate those UK companies and individuals that have demonstrated the skills, invention and dedication not only to compete, but to succeed on an international stage.
Part of the successful PRT2 family of products, the new and patent-pending 1-Trak product allows track systems to be manufactured in almost any conceivable 2D shape and from one single piece of material. The single piece track system construction virtually eliminates the assembly process making installation quick, easy and simple.
Some of the benefits of 1-Trak that have been recognised include:
- Curves of any radius and tracks of any widths can be chosen, which means the possibilities for track design become almost limitless
- The 3-bearing carriage design offers the designer flexibility
- 1-Trak systems can be specified with a gear and pinion drive
- Tracks can be made with a GV3 flat track profile and roller bearings to suit
- There is improved running quality, friction, life and ease of installation
This year’s entries will be judged by an expert panel chaired by Andrew Burrows, Chief Technology Officer of i2O Water. The Awards will be presented at a lunch event, being held at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London on 9 October.
To learn more about the 1-Trak linear product from HepcoMotion please go to www.hepcomotion.com.