Pilz is running its next scheduled PUWER training course on 10 May 2018 at its training facility in Corby, Northamptonshire. It is aimed at plant and engineering managers, maintenance and project engineers, maintenance managers and safety specialists.
The one-day training course provides delegates with an overview of PUWER (The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998) including parts 1-5, who is responsible, what duties are placed on them and to what equipment the regulations apply.
Delegates will gain the following:
- Awareness of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 of PUWER
- Understanding of the scope of the regulations
- Understanding of what equipment is covered by the regulations
- Ability to understand Part 5 in relation to power presses
- Understanding of a method for compliance with PUWER
In addition to covering the Regulations, the training course also introduces a number of relevant European standards that can be used to aid compliance.
- The background to the Regulations
- Work equipment suitability
- Risk assessment
- Dangerous parts of machinery and how to control the risks from them
- Controls and control systems
Follow the link for more information or to register for the PUWER training course. Further scheduled courses are also available for PUWER and other topics relating to machinery safety.