Goodfellow is now supplying the innovative new family of C-Solder tin-based, flux-free soldering alloys for joining dissimilar materials, including carbon materials. The resulting bond is both mechanically strong and electrically conductive.
C-Solder joins the following materials:
- Carbon materials including carbon fibres or carbon nanotube fibres in carbon–carbon arrangements
- Carbon to metals (eg copper, aluminium, titanium, stainless steel), ceramics and glass materials
- Aluminium to aluminium without using flux
Key features of C-Solder are:
- Melting point: 232degC (solidus temperature)
- Density: Approximately 7.4g/cm3
- Excellent flow
- Good wetting of surfaces to be joined
- Electrically and thermally conductive
- Not affected by cleaning solvents
- Does not leave a residue
- Not flammable
- Flux-free and lead-free
For more information go to www.goodfellow.com and search for C-Solder.