Fortress Interlocks has launched the ATOM high-coded interlock featuring an RFID (radio-frequency identification) actuator and OSSD (Output Signal Switching Device) capabilities.
ATOM, which is part of Fortress Interlocks' ncGard product range, is an ultra-robust and compact interlock with high misalignment; it is particularly suitable for applications where precise fitment of guards is not achieved through design, manufacture or use and abuse. Designed to be a long-lasting interlock requiring minimal maintenance, ATOM is resistant to shock and vibration and offers a high level of protection against tampering.
Key features and benefits of the ATOM include:
- Solenoid controlled interlock that only allows access when you decide
- High-coded RFID that prevents actuator substitution
- Robust actuator design with high locking and retention force of 8kN
- Ultra-compact mounting footprint (140mm x 33mm) and easy to mount with two M5 screws
- Safeguarding applications up to PLe and SIL3
- Provides OSSD outputs with daisy-chain connection of up to eight ATOMs in series, thereby reducing installation costs
- High mechanical misalignment that allows for wider guarding positioning
- Compact design for installation in discreet locations
- Sealed to IP65 and IP67
- TUV Safety Certification Pending
Follow the link for more information about the new ATOM high-coded interlock with RFID from Fortress Interlocks.