Lenze Selection is offering the BFK458 spring-applied brake that is now approved for functional safety applications. Compared with using a standard, non-approved brake, using the BFK458 therefore simplifies the process of designing a functional safety system and CE marking a machine to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. The BFK458 is approved for use as a service brake and holding brake.
Functional safety certification applies to all sizes and for both single brakes (with or without adjustable braking torque) and double brakes. Certifications have been qualified by TUV Nord as follows:
- Safety Integrity Level 1 (SIL1) as single-brake
- Performance Level c (PLc) as single-brake
- Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2) as non-adjustable double-brake
- Performance Level d (PLd) as non-adjustable double-brake
- Higher PL and SIL values on request
Lenze Selection's application engineers can assist with performing the necessary calculations and sizing the brake for your application - email .
Follow the link for more information about the BFK458 spring-applied brake and to download a flyer detailing the safety certification.