C-Cubed, which is part of the Jenton Group, is promoting the PocketVibrA Pro software that runs on a ruggedised pocket PC for low-cost vibration analysis on rotating machinery. This is said to create new opportunities for condition monitoring and condition-based maintenance in areas where it was not previously thought to be viable.
Features of the software include:
- Full graphical trending of vibration data, with colour-coded alarms and asset status
- Intuitive set-up using the Asset Wizard with built-in standard settings for motors, pumps and fans
- Diagnosis and display of out-of-balance,misalignment, looseness and bearing faults
- Automatic generation of user-editable reports
- Self-identifying 'smart' accelerometer (vibration sensor)
- Automatic identification of measurement points using barcodes
- Point-and-click navigation
- Display and trend additional user-defined process information
As well as being suitable for use on machinery during operation, PocketVibrA can also be used to record baseline data before a machine is delivered to a customer, or even identify potential problems prior to delivery - such as bearings that have suffered damaged during installation.
For more information, go to www.pocketvibra.com, where there is further information about this software and other tools for condition-based maintenance.