A variable-speed drive profile for CC-Link is now available that will reduce the engineering time, cost and effort required by manufacturers and users to integrate drives into CC-Link open communications networks. The Anybus-CompactCom drive profile is a range of products for CC-Link; it extends the Anybus-CompactCom concept by increasing and improving the functionality of the software so that compliance with the latest communication standards for drives is ensured.
Device profiles specify how a network communication system can be used for devices for a specific application area. The use of profiles reduces engineering costs significantly, since the meaning of parameters related to the application is specified precisely.
All the Anybus-CC drive profile modules throughout the range have the same hardware interchangeability as standard Anybus-CC modules. Their software interface provides standardised access to the drive parameters, independent of the network type. The drive profile software interface functions are similar to the standard Anybus-CC modules but offer enhanced features. Automation devices that have an existing standard Anybus-CC slot need only to upgrade the software interface before their first use. After this, they can use the full range of enhanced standard modules and drive profile modules for an even more flexible communication interface.
The Anybus-CompactCom drive profile CC-Link communication module provides the inverter drive with instant CC-Link connectivity via the uniform Anybus-CompactCom host interface. Any device that supports this standard can take advantage of the features provided by the module for seamless network integration, regardless of the network type. The modules support drive operations according to the CC-Link inverter profile. When used in standard mode the module supports CC-Link version 1.1 but, during initialisation, it can be configured for CC-Link version 2.0.
Key features of the drive profile include:
- Remote bus device
- Galvanically isolated bus electronics
- CC-Link parameter channel support according to the Inverter Profile
- Up to 128 I/O (bit) points and 16 words (16 bit) of data (CC-Link v1.1)
- Up to 896 I/O (bit) points and 128 words (16 bit) of data (CC-Link v2.0)
- Automatic CC-Link System Area handshaking
- Possibility to customise Vendor Code, Model Code and Version via application interface
Technical specifications are:
- Size: 52mm x 50mm x 22mm
- Power Supply: 3.3V
- Operating temperature: -40 to +70degC
- Baud rate: 156kbit/s to 10Mbit/s
- Configuration method: Application interface (switch 1 and 2)
- Application interface: Parallel and serial