National Instruments is announcing the NI PXIe-5162 digitiser and updates to the NI LabVIEW Jitter Analysis Toolkit. The digitiser, with 10 bits of vertical resolution and a 5GS/s sample rate, provides high-speed measurements at four times the vertical resolution of a traditional 8-bit oscilloscope. With 1.5GHz of bandwidth and four channels in a single slot, the NI PXIe-5162 is suited for high-channel-count digitiser systems in manufacturing test, research and device characterisation. Engineers can use the digitiser with LabVIEW and the LabVIEW Jitter Analysis Toolkit, which provides a library of functions optimised for performing the high-throughput jitter, eye diagram and phase noise measurements demanded by automated validation and production test environments.
Steve Warntjes, NI Director of Modular Instruments Research and Development, says: “The combination of high-speed, high-channel and high-resolution measurements offered by the NI PXIe-5162 digitiser makes it possible for traditional oscilloscope customers to think beyond traditional box instruments for automated test. Using our high-speed digitisers with the LabVIEW Jitter Analysis Toolkit helps engineers accelerate their measurement systems using the processing power of modern PCs instead of the legacy embedded processors on box oscilloscopes.”
The software-defined nature of the NI PXIe-5162 digitiser and NI LabVIEW Jitter Analysis Toolkit demonstrates the flexibility and customisation possible when engineers move beyond traditional box oscilloscopes. Pairing the four-channel NI PXIe-5162 digitiser with the PXI platform, engineers can build an oscilloscope with up to 68 channels in a single chassis with tight synchronisation.
NI PXIe-5162 Features:
- 10 bits of vertical resolution for greater insight into the signal
- Four channels in a single 3U PXI Express slot, expanding to 68 channels in a single PXI chassis
- 5GS/s maximum sample rate on one channel or 1.25GS/s on four channels simultaneously
LabVIEW Jitter Analysis Toolkit Features:
- Built-in functions for clock recovery, eye diagram, jitter, level and timing measurements
- Example programs for eye diagram and mask testing, and random and deterministic jitter (RJ/DJ) separation using both dual-Dirac and spectrum-based separation methods