Tapeswitch Corporation is releasing the new PCU programmable safety controller that further extends robust safety product system capabilities to include systems integration, programmable logic control functions and management software (included).
This PCU offers a fully integrated safety system that unifies the management of all safety products, such as safety switch mats, edges, bumpers, switches, non-contact interlocks, laser scanners, light curtains, two-hand controls, photocells, emergency stops, hand grip switches, encoders, proximity switches and similar devices into one safety system at a CAT 4 safety level (note that some Tapeswitch Corporation sensors are Cat 3).
It has system software capable of programmable logic control functions, such as fieldbus input/output, fieldbus probe output, four different types of muting, muting override, guard lock functions, memory operators, counter operations, timer operator, logical operators, and more and is downloadable from PC to the safety controller via a USB connection.
Tapeswitch Corporation's PCU system is available in expandable configurations of the following components as applicable to the particular machine safety system requirements, which is centred around the main standalone unit, the PCU/1, configured from PC through a USB interface using the PSD software and the PCUEU/1 (for 12 input, 8 test output) expansion units for Tapeswitch Corporation 4-wire fail-safe safety device products.
The system is further expandable via the proprietary PCI bus, depending on full safety system needs. With 14 expansions, the system can have up to 128 inputs, 16 dual channel safety outputs and 16 status outputs. Furthermore 8 inputs and 16 outputs probe controllable (by Fieldbus) are available. The additional available system expansion components, include:
- PCU8I2/1 I/O (for 8 inputs / 2 double OSSD)
- PCU8IE/1 (for 8 inputs), PCU16IE/1 (for 16 inputs) input expansion units
- PCU2E/1 (for 2 double OSSD) and PCU4E/1 (for 4 double OSSD) output expansion units
- PCU2SR/1 (for 2 relays) and PCU4SR/1 (4 relays) as safety (guided contact) relay modules
- The additional fieldbus integration expansion units for diagnostics and data communication include PCUBUS/1 (Profibus DP), PCUCI/1 (CANopen), PCUDNI/1 (DeviceNET), PCUECI/1 (Ethernet), PCUUSB/1 (USB) and accessory options, such as the PCUMCM/1 external configuration memory, PCUECI/1 connector for 5-way communication, PCUCUSBC/1 USB cable for connection to PC depending on your safety system requirements
The PCU safety controller meets SIL 3 (IEC 61508), SIL CL 3 (EN 62061), PLe (ISO/EN 13849-1) and Category 4 (ISO/EN 13849-1) machine safety requirements and is CE, UL and cUL certified. For product specifications, visit www.tapeswitch.com.