Honeywell Sensing and Control is announcing two new additions to their Wing Union / Hammer Union pressure sensor portfolio. Potential applications include oil and gas drilling, mud pumps / mud logging, fracturing and cementing, acidising, well head measurement and standpipe stimulation.
The Model 425 is available in two accuracy levels (+/-0.2 per cent BFSL [Best Fit Straight Line] – Standard) or (+/-0.1 per cent BFSL – High Accuracy). The Model 427 (+/-0.2 per cent BFSL) provides a wide and shallow sensing port that facilitates the seamless flow of more viscous media blends.
Built on Honeywell’s Wing Union one-piece design, both models provide highly accurate and reliable data for more confident detection of small changes in pressure, allowing the operator to quickly adjust media flow pressure during drilling operations. This helps drilling operators optimise oil withdrawal rates and profile potentially dangerous conditions such as gas bubbles to increase drilling personnel safety.
Other features include:
- Quick Installation/Serviceability – Designed for quick field installation, offers resistance to torque stress at hammer up with field adjustable zero and span for reliable long-term performance
- Reliability / Durability – All-welded stainless steel construction, with Inconel wetted parts for resistance to abrasive or corrosive media. Shock and vibration tested; CE, CSA / ATEX - Intrinsically Safe approvals
- Longevity – Hit it and forget it! Honeywell’s reliability plus an annual calibration cycle allows customers to install and move on
- Quick availability – Multiple configurations available for quick shipment in less than 5 days, others available within 2 weeks
- Model 425 available with +/- 0.1 per cent high accuracy, or +/-0.2 per cent standard accuracy
- Model 427 with +/-0.2 per cent accuracy features a wider aperture design for use with more viscous media
- Both feature all-welded one-piece, hermetically sealed, stainless-steel construction and Inconel X-750 wetted parts for additional durability with abrasive or corrosive media
- Multiple electrical connections available
- RFI/EMI protected – Intrinsically safe option
- CE approved; CSA/ATEX certification
Additional information, data sheets and images for the new Wing Union / Hammer Union pressure sensors are available online.