Advantech is introducing a new industrial-grade THIN Mini-ITX motherboard, AIMB-230, supporting Intel Core i5-4300U and Intel Core Celeron 2980U 4th generation processors with BGA1168 (MCP) socket. AIMB-230 is a low-profile Mini-ITX design of only 25mm in height with a rich variety of I/O functions to fulfill an assortment of space-limited applications. AIMB-230 can be applied in the many embedded applications such as nursing carts, slim panel PC, slim signage box, vending machines, small POS systems and portable media devices.
AIMB-230 incorporates Intel 4th gen Core i processor architecture, which supports a dual-core single-chip processor (MCP) with best-in-class energy saving. Only 25mm in height, AIMB-230 offers a variety of I / O connections, including DP / HDMI, 1 × DP + +, 1 × LVDS, 4 × USB 3.0, 2 × USB 2.0, 3 × SATA III, 1 × mSATA, 2 × Serial Slots, 8-bit GPIO, 2 × Mini PCIe expansion slots, and two LAN sockets. AIMB-230 also integrates a 3D GT3/GT2 graphics chipset which provides high-quality, high-resolution three-screen output (DP / HDMI, DP + +, LVDS / eDP), coupled with HD Audio codec support.
AIMB-230‘s thin design provides a high degree of flexibility and allows the system to be easily integrated into low-profile enclosures such as Advantech’s AIMB-B1000 series for a wide range of applications. Optional fanless heat sinks from Advantech are also available for passive cooling systems.
AIMB-230 comes embedded with iManager, an intelligent self-management firmware agent, which gives applications smart self-control, resource management, and auto-protection features to enhance security and system reliability, and simplify integration and configuration. AIMB-230 also bundles with Advantech SUSIAccess which provides remote device management and system recovery powered by Acronis, and system protection powered by McAfee; allowing users to easily monitor, configure, control, and even recover multiple systems through a single console from a remote site.
Advantech provides drivers and APIs (SUSI) including GPIO, SMBus, watchdog timer, hardware monitor, panel backlight on/off, and brightness control. Supported operating systems include Windows 7, WES 7, and Linux—hardware drivers for these OS are readily available.
- Supports Intel Core i5-4300U and Intel Celeron 2980U processor (Dual core), 15W TDP
- BGA 1168 (MCP) 22nm processor
- 2 × 204-pin SO-DIMM socket supports up to 16GB DDR3L 1600Mhz
- Supports Intel HD Graphics GT3/2 DirectX 11.1, OpenGL 4,Full AVC, VC1, MPEG2 H/W encoder
- Combination of Triple displays- DP, HDMI, eDP (Chrontel CH7511 LVDS Option)
- Realtek ALC892, 5.1CH + 2 Channel HD Audio
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- GPIO 8-bit (4-bit DI and 4-bit DO)
- 1 × full-size Mini-PCIe, supports 1 × USB 2.0 and co-lay mSATA
- 1 × half size Mini-PCIe, supports 1 × USB 2.0
- 2 × USB 2.0, 4 × USB 3.0, 2 × COM, 3 × SATA III
- Line-Out, Mic-In, 12V DC Jack, 1 × PS/2 (on board header For K/B and M/S)
- Thermal system selection: Standard CPU cooler or Heat Pipe
- Slim size, compatible with under 1U chassis