Advantech is announcing the ARK-1550, a slim and mountable fanless embedded system with 4th generation Intel Core i5-4300U 1.9GHz/ Intel Celeron 2980U 1.6GHz processor. The 4th generation Intel Core i5 dual-core CPU with turbo boost enabled delivers at least a 190 per cent performance enhancement when compared with a 3rd generation Intel Core i platform. In addition, ARK-1550 is only 46.6mm in height, 50 per cent thinner than general embedded computers; the fanless design gives 24/7 reliability, enabling longer MTBF, with dust-free, noiseless operation, zero fan maintenance, -20–55degC-wide range temperature operation, and multiple I/O interfaces. It provides complete EMC and Safety Certifications (CE/ FCC/ UL/ CCC/ CB/ BSMI).
With the coming of the Smart City, infotainment systems and intelligent kiosks are becoming more and more popular. ARK-1550 adapts the latest microarchitecture with 64-bit, multi-core processors built on 22nm process technology; ARK-1550 provides smarter/faster CPU performance, rich media support, and up to triple independent displays (VGA/HDMI/LVDS [optional]); the HDMI can support up to 4K2K resolution, plus improved security to focus on multiple display applications. Also, ARK-1550 is easy for customers to integrate with different kinds of panels due to its slim design and VESA / DIN Rail / wall mounting kits; it can be used indoors or out, through a very wide range of temperatures, with low maintenance.
For ease of use in various applications, ARK-1550 reserves a wide choice of I/O ports, including: 2×GbE, 1×HDMI, 1×VGA, 1×RS-232, 2×RS-232/422/485, 2×USB3.0, 2×USB2.0, 8-bit DIO, audio line in/out, and mic-in. These units boast a latching connector I/O design for power input, COM ports, DIO port, DVI port, HDMI port, and expansion slots. The latching connector design maintains solid cable connections even when there is vibration. As for storage, ARK-1550 provides two flexible, hot-swappable 2.5” hard drive bays and mSATA support. Rounding out its robust and reliable design, it supports wide temperature operation -20–55degC, and is certified IP40 dust-proof for harsh environments. In order to enhance networking communication, ARK-1550 supports multiple communication interfaces such as dual GbE, mini PCIe slots, and SIM holder for 3G/4G LTE mobile modules.
Built-in SUSIAccess, Smart Remote Management and Intel AMT Technology
For smarter and safer control, ARK-1550 comes with built-in Advantech SUSIAccess, which provides a remote management API that lets users monitor, configure and control a large number of terminals with centralised real-time maintenance. SUSIAccess also supports System Recovery (by Acronis), System Protection (by McAfee) and remote KVM. And iManager F/W technology supplies an intelligent, cross-platform, self-management tool that monitors system status and takes automatic action if anything is abnormal. iManager provides multi-level programmable watchdogs, including IRQ interrupt, ACPI events, reset levels, and can also monitor voltage and temperature to ensure system reliability. ARK-1550 also supports built-in Intel AMT 9.0 security technology for three-way protection. First is threat management, including protection from rootkits, viruses, and malware. Second is identity and website access point protection, along with confidential personal and business data protection. The third protection includes remote and local monitoring, remediation, and repair of PCs and workstations.
- 4th Gen Intel Core i5 4300U dual core 1.9GHz (supports turbo boost up to 2.9GHz) & Celeron 2980U dual core 1.6GHz CPU
- Slim fanless embedded system: 223mm (W) × 46.6mm (H) × 133mm (D)
- DDR3L 1333MHz, up to 8GB
- -20–55degC wide temperature (with 0.7m/s air flow condition)
- 1 × RS-232 and 2 × RS-232/422/485 ports (BIOS selectable)
- 2 × Intel GbE (support WOL)
- 2 × USB2.0, 2 × USB3.0 and 8-bit DIO reserved
- 1 full-size Mini-PCIe expansion slot with SIM holder (e.g. 3G, 4G LTE module...)
- 1 half-size Mini-PCIe expansion slot (e.g. Wi-Fi module)
- Triple independent displays: VGA + HDMI (supports 4K2K) + LVDS (optional)
- Hot swappable 2.5” SATA hard drive and/or mSATA
- 12V DC input and latching power adapter (optional)
- Built-in Advantech SUSIAccess for remote device real-time management
- Optional VESA/DIN-Rail mounting kit
- OS: Win8, Win7, WES7, Linux (by project) support
- Advantech iManager, SUSIAccess with McAfee Embedded Security and Acronis Backup and Recovery
Please follow the link for more information about ARK-1550.