Advantech is launching MIO-9290 SBC in 5.25” form factor and based on Intel 3rd generation Core i7 Quad core, i5/i3/Celeron dual core processor with QM77 chipset supporting rPGA socket type processors. MIO-9290 supports either two-channel 1600MHz DDR3 or low-power DDR3L, plus 4 × USB 3.0, 2 × SATA III (600 MB/s), AMT 8.0, and support for three independent displays (DVI-I, Display Port, HDMI). As well as being a powerful computing platform, MIO-9290 is also an excellent graphics-capable platform. MIO-9290‘s rich I/O includes a flexible multiple I/O interface (Advantech’s MI/O expansion slot) which can easily extend additional functions, making it suitable for applications which need extreme computing or graphic performance for embedded requirements.
MIO-9290 supports 2 × DDR3 / DDR3L SODIMM memory slots up to 16GB, and is designed to support a full range of rPGA socket-type processor selections from 3rd Generation / 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 Quad Core, Core i5 , Core i3, to Celeron Dual Core processors up to 45W with QM77 Panther Point Mobile PCH. Customers can choose either embedded or consumer processors based on price, performance, and longevity demands.
MIO-9290 features rich I/O including 4 × USB 3.0/2.0, 2 × USB 2.0, 2 × SATA ports up to 6Gb/s, 2 × GbE, HD Audio, 6 × COM, and 2 × full-size Mini PCIe with mSATA support. Customers can also extend other interfaces such as Display Port, 3 × USB 2.0, SMBus, LPC and 4 × PCIe ×1 via Advantech’s innovative MI/O Extension interface. Customers can additionally extend three more GbE, 6 × COM ports, PoE or CAN Bus by adding additional standard MIOe modules. Shorter development time schedules, lower cost and secure domain knowledge can all be enjoyed, and the comprehensive MI/O design documentation helps to speed your time-to-market for intelligent systems.
MIO-9290 supports the following graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 with DXVA (full AVC/VC-1/MPEG2 Hardware Acceleration), OpenGL*3.1 and DirectX 11 for enhanced graphics and improved 3D performance. MIO-9290 also supports three independent displays- DVI-I, HDMI and Display Port, with dual independent display of any two display combinations.
MIO-9290 is designed with 100 per cent solid capacitors with higher tolerance for high frequencies and high temperatures; solid capacitors have better MTBF compared with electrolytic capacitors. In addition, MIO-9290 offers high ESD protection for RS-232 I/O pins to +/-15kV and wide temperature components, as well as GbE controller (I210-IT), Vcore IC, Vcc PWM IC and high Tg PCB (TG-150). All of the design and verifying processes are taken care of to ensure that MIO-9290 is a highly reliable product that can endure high-temperature environments.
MIO-9290 supports Advantech’s iManager firmware technology. iManager is an intelligent, cross-platform, self-management tool that monitors system status and takes automatic action if anything is abnormal. iManager provides multi-level programmable watchdogs including IRQ interrupts, ACPI events, reset levels, and can also monitor voltage and temperatures to ensure total system reliability. Advantech’s SUSIAccess software provides a smart, easy, remote management API so users can monitor, configure, and control a large number of terminals with centralised, real-time maintenance capability. This allows customers to focus on their applications while SUSIAccess helps manage administration. MIO-9290 comes equipped with McAfee for enhanced security and Acronis for backup and recovery, which protect your devices from threats and malware.
MIO-9290 also supports Intel AMT 8.0 Technology built-in security for greater protection. First is threat management, including protection from rootkit viruses, and malware. Second is identity and website access point protection, along with confidential personal and business data protection. Third, is remote and local monitoring, remediation, and repair of PCs and workstations.
Product features and specifications:
- 5.25” form factor: 203 × 146mm (8” × 5.75”)
- Supports Intel 3rd Generation Core i7/i5/i3/Celeron mobile processors (rPGA) with Intel QM77 PCH; cross-compatibility with Sandy Bridge processors
- Three independent display: DP + HDMI + DVI-I, support DirectX11, OpenGL3.1 and OpenCL1.1. (only supported by Ivy Bridge processors)
- Dual independent display: any combination interface of display output from board, including LVDS, DVI-I, HDMI and DP
- 2 × DDR3/DDR3L SO-DIMM, support up to 16 GB
- High Definition Audio (HD), Line-in, Line out, Mic-in
- Rich I/O interface with 6 × COM, 2 × SATA up to 6Gb/s, SMBUS/I2C, 16-bit GPIO, 2 × USB2.0, 4 × USB3.0/2.0
- 2 × Full-size miniPCIe +2 SIM holders: also supports mSATA storage or USB interface communication module
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet: Intel 82579LM GbE + Intel I-210IT GbE
- Extended interfaces support from unified MIOe expansion slot: DisplayPort, SMBus, 3 USB2.0, LPC, 4 PCIe × 1, HD Audio line-out, 5 Vsb/12 Vsb power
- Power management: ACPI supported, 12V +/- 10 per cent DC input power
- 15KV Air ESD protection COM port design
- OS: Win 8, Win 7, Win XP, WES7 and WE8S support
- Advantech iManager, SUSIAccess with McAfee and Acronis