Fortress Interlocks has achieved TÜV SÜD certification for its new non-contact switch, the amGardncs. This means the device meets all the necessary requirements of the European Machinery Directive as part of a safety system.
Rob Johnson, the company’s senior electronics engineer comments: “This is a big step forward for Fortress and is a welcome addition to our traditional product range, increasing our interlock capabilities.”
Designed as part of Fortress’ new amGardnctrange of safety interlocks, the amGardncs is a robust, coded, non-contact, safety proximity switch. Very long-lasting and requiring virtually no maintenance, it is suitable for applications where precise guidance of guards can be difficult. In addition it is resistant to shock and vibrations and offers coding as protection against tampering.
Key features of the amGardncs include:
- Stainless steel IP69K housing, suitable for high-purity applications such as food, beverage and pharmaceutical manufacturing, or anywhere where robustness is important
- Long-lasting, requiring virtually no maintenance
- Resistant to shock and vibrations
- Copes with a high level of misalignment
- PLe Cat 4/SIL3 safety rating
- Can be used as a coded interlock in accordance with EN14119
- Integrated electronics monitor for faults and ensure safety relay does not enter a fault state
- Local user indication
- Monitor outputs for use in the control system
- Available with a variety of termination options
The amGard range of safety interlocks includes solenoid and non-solenoid safety switches and has an extensive range of additional options, including key control modules, internal and escape release, redundant sensors, lock out/tag out, push buttons, estops and indication lights, all assembled in one device. The robust construction of the amGard makes it suitable for a range of industrial applications when safety, strength and reliability are of paramount importance.
Please follow the link to learn more about the amGardncs non-contact switch from Fortress Interlocks.